PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar EBA 2019
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2022, 03:55
cLeArIcE

Received 180 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by 43Inches
Also have to consider PIA has to be approved, you can't just stop work or there can be severe penalties. That really needs to be discussed with reps as well, if you vote an agreement down that is already offering 25% what are the chances of actually getting PIA approval. Not saying you won't but it starts getting into territory that the company is negotiating but the pilots are not being realistic. That starts getting into the realm of proving you are not causing economic harm to said company and the economy for the hell of it.

Again not against it, but you need to really understand where you stand if pushing for big gains and holding to it, I doubt it will be an easy road. JQ getting big gains is good for everybody, but you may have to do it over successive EBAs.

I do feel for you, but the whole premise JQ was started on was exactly what you are describing, running on fumes with everyone maxed out so there's no fat is what a low cost carrier is about. The real MO for these operations is that they don't want people to stick around, just have enough that do and keep getting more from the vine on their way up the system. What you are wanting to do is change the nature of the company itself, I doubt that will happen. Any Exec is going to tell you that you are important and valued, behind the eyes they just see you as a cost factor and another monkey in the line up spoiling their outcomes. That is the beast you are fighting.
All valid points mate. I agree with you that it will need to be done over successive EBAs etc. But that 25% gain was not out of the goodness of their heart. They basically had no choice. That's how terrible our current agreement is.
As for not wanting people to stick around, we don't have enough crew as it is. How many FOs have interviewed for QF in the last month or two? A lot.. They are all happy to go be SOs rather than stay at jetstar. Some are probably not far Off widebody FO or captains spot. What does that tell you?
They might not care if people stick around but I don't know where these extra crew are going to come from. Lot's of aircraft on the way.