PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar EBA 2019
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2022, 03:25
cLeArIcE

Received 180 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by GA Driver
Looking no further down the list (most of which I agree with) item 1 is going to be an issue and a pretty big one at that.
25% pay rise over the life of the agreement with 20% less work. I encourage and applaud optimism, but it’s an EBA not a fairy tail.

Not having a crack, but do people think that is realistically achievable? I’m keen to see how exactly that’s even do-able…. Just not showing up for work for a few weeks is unlikely to achieve that, so what’s the plan to get it?
I acknowledge that, but we are so far behind everyone else any increase has to be substantial to even call it an increase. People asked What we want. That's what I want. I'm not saying we're going to get it. But we can do dam better than this deal.
Look, everyone will vote how they want. I actually think the EBA will get up. You keep a Hungry dog in a cage and feed it once a week it's hardly going to complain about getting an extra smacko for being a good boy.
I'm just... tierd. I'm tired of the lies and empty promises, I'm tired of feeling subhuman because I work for jetstar. I'm tired of beating my head against a brick wall every day I go to work. I'm sick of being the "magic man." (Didn't you know that I can magically fix every departments lack of resources, tell them how to do their jobs, catch all their mistakes and do my own job?) and, I'm tired of being tired...
So yes, I'm ready to face the consequences of a no vote. They want the agreement signed just as much as we do. They are rolling in cash and they need us. They can afford to lube up that pineapple before inserting it in me.