PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar EBA 2019
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2022, 21:33
Wear the Foxhat

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cessna Jockey
So you finally have a chance to make a real change for good and address some of the issues you outlined above, yet you’ll vote Yes purely to take the cash. You’re the type of buffoon that gets food poisoning at the same restaurant but continues to go back because they keep giving you discount vouchers.
Thanks for making it personal, it says more about you than me.

Unashamedly I’ll vote yes. We are being offered what is conservatively a 25% increase in pay, and you want me to put it all at risk because you can’t figure out how to report fatigued? I think it’s pretty smart to lock in the pay rise, fatigue reports will fix the crap rostering when enough pilots do them. History has shown they work eventually.

I worry for the FO's who are going to spend 25-30 years in this company. A 248k base isn't that far away? It's miles away from the pay people should have, I would strongly suggest you work out pay per hour, if you're not shocked work it out for the FO's instead, it's a good time to start thinking collectively as a pilot ground. I would caution anyone making their mind up enthusiastically or not before you have the final wording of the document in your hand, you run the risk of looking like a fool.
Anyone who thinks a 25% increase is not a good deal is a fool. I have spoken to a rep, and I’m pretty happy with the answers. There are plenty looking like fools whipping up negative sentiment on Telegram. The newfound interest in the welfare of SOs is laughable. Nothing like a bit of self interest.