PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar EBA 2019
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2022, 03:00
Lookleft

Received 214 Likes on 102 Posts
Opportunity was lost and a tactical dice was rolled;
If thats your understanding of how the industrial relations system works then it is no wonder that Jetstar pilots are the laughing stock of the airline industry. For PIA to be effective then it needs to have a specific purpose and not be based "on a roll of the tactical dice" It also needs to be something the entire pilot body participates in, not just a few pilots who were unfortunate enough to be rostered on the weekend of PIA. BTW it all collapsed like a house of cards when the Company threatened a 7 day standown.

It’s just business, and it appears to me the company has come along way in meeting us much closer to where we’d like to be through robust negotiation.
Is that what you call it. I call it the Company playing one off against the other and in the end it has worked. For a while it was good cop v bad cop with AIPA being the good cop and the AFAP being the bad cop if you kept track of the narrative coming from the CP. Now all of a sudden the AFAP have come up with this masterstroke and an in principle (an oxymoron when comes to JQ) agreement with AIPA effectively being shut out of negotiations. As long as the AFAP see AIPA as the enemy the Company will always be the beneficiary. From what I see of this agreement the Company are the major beneficiary. More contactable times, more free work on the Ipad during ODP and allowances based on flawed assumptions of what may or may not happen.