PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar EBA 2019
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2022, 01:17
FOI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 43Inches
Why are the AFAP reps not JQ pilots? Or are they just pilots with a differing POV to the majority? I don't get this statement that the AFAP is somehow responsible for what is a group negotiation that the majority of pilots should be involved with. Or is it a case that some pilots don't understand that they need to communicate their needs with the union to get results they want. The union should just be providing resources for the pilots to sort out their own EBA via their own pilot reps. All the EBAs I have been involved with the union is advised by the in house reps and assist negotiations as the workers fight for what they want. There will be always fringe dwellers that want something fantastical that won't happen but the majority will be happy, which is the purpose.

These sort of statements seem to be more management minded to seed division in the pilot body rather than be united behind the union.
The AFAP did a comprehensive survey of members, as far as I can tell what has been included in the IPA reflects those survey results. Bearing in mind there are claims that may have been dropped because the cost of trade was too high.

I feel for the bargaining reps, like all things some of what you get over the line won’t appease everyone. Amongst us pilots it just seems some minorities can’t grapple with that concept and succumb to Chicken Little sky is falling tactics.