PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar EBA 2019
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2022, 00:53
FOI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lookleft
Once again the negotiators should be listening to their constituency. How about negotiating that no one is rostered a duty after 20:00 before an RDO? Pilots would preference lifestyle over payments for poor rostering practices.

Thats the way most pilots see it. What was wrong with the current system where if you checked your roster at the end of the duty and nothing was allocated then you effectively got another day off. The AVD was negotiated during the current EBA (the 2015 one) so why is it already being changed from a system that pilots were happy with? Its not just about the money. Don't forget what pilots have had to put up with for the 2 years of COVID.

I love the spin. If the PIA didn't happen then the agreement would have been signed before March 2020 and the 3% would have been locked in. QF Shorthaul got their 3%. Different issues but the evidence suggests that PIA was the difference. That and a willingness by their negotiators to get the job done and not beat their chests like the gorillas in Rwanda.

The AFAP and JQ management severely underestimate the level of resentment and animosity that the pilots have towards them. If this is such a good deal then of course it will be voted up but that is not how it is perceived out in the real world of operations. From what I hear on the flightdeck F/O's are tired of being talked at by their AFAP reps. You need to listen to those you purport to represent.
I think you mean the level of resentment that you and a couple of your mates have against them. Be careful how you generalise.

To suggest the PIA would have locked in a March 2020 EA is both highly speculative and I would suggest far from the truth. I think COVID actually saved us from what may have transpired after that little experiment.