PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar EBA 2019
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2022, 00:06
FOI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SHVC
All those extras you mention come at a penalty, highline they want flexibility so we have to check our rosters for a duty until a time that the company specified. May as well get rid of highline make it an extra reserve, whilst we are on reserves there will be 4 below 75hrs now and that extra half WDO for finishing after 23:00 before a day off does not benefit SY or ADL base with curfew so you will be signed off before 23:00. WDO increase who cares i would be happy if we removed that clause all together might actually stimulate some decent crew numbers. I could go on but I will not be convinced it’s a good deal because they offer what we really should be on with normal CPI increases over last 4yrs while giving more lifestyle conditions.
Do you really think that checking for a next day’s duty by 1700 the day before is both a material “penalty” and akin to an extra standby? I for one do not, given what I’m getting for it. As for now being remunerated for a misconnection into a day off, 4 hours at EFA rate between 2300-0100 and a WDO beyond that, is a far cry from the DIL I currently get that I can never use, which = zero. Are you seriously suggesting all improvements should be designed bespoke to a specific base because of curfews? I’d suggest we keep an eye on the bigger picture. We have some of the most restrictive standby provisions of any airline, that are very much in our favour. Restrictions on standby days via a table appended to above or below threshold is and always has been extraordinary. The company will not “simulate decent crew numbers” in lieu of a WDO provision, nor should we think that’s something we want. The nature of a leisure airline model is very cyclical in a year with its peaks and troughs, they can bump up the revenue exponentially in peaks relying on WDOs to get around our highly restrictive standby coverage limits. Works for those that want the cash, if you don’t wish to lose your DDO, don’t put your name on the list… Simply adding pilots to kill off that flexibility is dumb business and of course they won’t do that.

As for the CPI argument, well we were the masters of our own demise 3 years ago in our actions. We put ourselves behind, sorry, that’s the reality. And the “what we should be on anyway “ argument, sorry but again that’s ridiculous. All the company has to do is satisfy the BOOT, they’re under no legal obligations here to do anything but that. This well exceeds the BOOT as far as I can tell.

Whilst everything traded in this EA comes at a cost, or “penalty” as you see it, I can see we’ve given very little away for immense benefit to us overall.

Vote this down at our own peril. If you think our predicament was bad from knocking back the 3%’s, 3 years ago and entering PIA, then try this on for size and learn the hardest lesson we’ll ever learn.

Last edited by FOI; 22nd Oct 2022 at 00:26.