PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar EBA 2019
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2022, 06:24
Colonel_Klink

Received 39 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Lookleft
The integrity of the negotiating team was discredited when they threw the dead cat on the table that is the IPA. The thing about overnights is that a lot of pilots don't want them, after all Jetstar was supposed to be all about not having to overnight. So why would you build up the allowance for overnights? Why wouldn't you actually try and negotiate an increase in an allowance that all pilots receive instead of getting rid of it all together? Other than the 3% (which they also didn't negotiate) all the rest of it is made up of assumptions about what pilots may or may not do. The one allowance that is guaranteed they got rid of. A good weathervane of intent is the F/O's attitude to the IPA. No one I have flown with recently has stated an intention to vote for it. It seems strange to me that the one Union that led the charge on PIA before there was an agreement is now leading the charge on accepting an agreement with all the talk of "grounded planes at Christmas" vanishing into thin air like pixie dust.
Given the NEO aircraft that are due, and more specifically the range of those aircraft, is it not likely that the entire nature of flying that JQ pilots do is quite possibly changing? I can see a lot more flying up to Asia, with the subsequent increase in overnights.

And doesn’t DTA increase as well - an allowance that all pilots get?

And what about the initial increases to base salary to comply with the Award? It was only the most junior FO level that wasn’t compliant with salary in the award. I’m fairly confident QF IR wouldn’t have been keen to just hand over that equivalent increase to all other pilots - so it’s fair to assume that increase is probably down to some tough negotiating.

But that probably doesn’t fit the narrative of personally attacking those involved does it?