PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singapore Airlines DEFO
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2022, 16:12
cruisepower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 777JockeyIN
Example 1 Some HR these days are hiring a type rated FO with 1000hrs/500 on type over some one who has 1000s of hours on multiple jets
Example 2 A Type rated capt with 500pic over someone who has flown multiple widebody jets with 1000s of pic hrs. At least in these two years.

HR ARE STUPID. At least in Asia, where I live. I can’t comment about EU/US or elsewhere.

I’m not trying to offend anyone.So hold your horses and relax. And 250 hr guys doesn’t have to start directly on 777/350/380. They should rather start as a CFI/Turbo prop/FO or at least a 737FO , like most of us. Get some hands on stick and rudder skills before you move on to FBW. My opinion. Eventually automation will catch up but a this has to happen at least till then, for now.

chao

Safe skies
You should understand that in countries like Singapore, Middle East, India etc there is virtually no general Aviation, turboprop operators or flight schools where the pilots can build hours. So only option for them is to go directly on the jet. With the correct training program and resource these young pilots are well onto their way to the left seat in the near future. These airlines are doing fine, so you can sit back and relax.

Maybe you should think about going back to Europe or US if you still think HR are stupid.

Anyways, All the best to all the young new pilots, good luck in becoming a second officer on the A350 or the B777 at Singapore airlines. Also all the best to experienced pilots looking to join as FO.