PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China recruits former British military pilots
Old 18th Oct 2022, 13:23
Flugzeug A

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Again , I have no military / aviation background , so feel free to pull me up but , as it’s an open discussion...
Any details of WHAT they’re being hired to train the Chinese?
I read that it’s flying training - if it’s merely that , is it possible to teach without giving away ‘secrets’?
I haven’t seen any reports that the pilots in question have been asked to reveal anything & it isn’t illegal, so is the condemnation just a moral principal?
To paraphrase BV , ( & I’m still laughing at his original words ! ) it’s a lotta bucks for being Buck Rogers & surely no one would blame qualified people for making money whilst they can.
I appreciate China’s attempts at World domination in other ways , but so far there’s been no shooting between ‘us’ & them , so in that manner , they’re a potential enemy , as are many others.
If it were me , I’d be far more uncomfortable morally at the thought of training Saudi pilots to kill women & children , but the Saudis are the good guys , so it must be ok I guess.