PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China recruits former British military pilots
Old 18th Oct 2022, 13:15
The Helpful Stacker

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob Viking
I’d Do you think the reactions of many people are based on a bit of jealousy of those who can earn a lot more (trust me, I’ve experienced it) and an inbuilt dislike of the ‘two-winged master race’?!

BV
Not at all.

I believe the concern is that they are aiding a potential enemy, which could cost the UK both money, and more importantly, lives, one day

Whether they are pilots, stackers, fat splashers or spanner monkeys doesn't come into it. They are former members of the British military (and commissioned ones at that, so you'd think would better understand the potential consequence of their actions, if the benefit of a Cranwell education is what it's cracked up to be) and are providing a service to a totalitarian regime with a recent/ongoing history of genocide and expansionist aspirations.

I honestly thought you were more intelligent than to propose the low hanging fruit of "...it's because it's pilots...". My own brother is a currently serving RAF pilot for starters...