PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFPS15 - government decision.
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2022, 13:17
Chauderon

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The Endless Remedy

A lot of replies on LinkedIn to the latest AFPS 15 Remedy (McCloud) Sitrep from the Forces Pension Society. Perhaps like other retired members, I thought the choice would finally be arriving next year, but it's actually receiving a letter in the 18 months starting 1 Oct 23. So the way this has gone to date, I'm expecting the first letter 31 Mar 25 - and then what is the timeline to actually make a choice and for this to be implemented? How do we know this will also not slip to the right, as elements of the remedy have so far?

Is there anybody here who can explain the legal side of this? This was fallout from the 2008 economic crash, with AFPS 15 being announced a few years later. It was clearly illegal at the time for some personnel to stay on AFPS 75 and others to be forced out of the scheme. My question is, this has been found to be illegal initially in court and then at appeal. But is there any legal body overseeing the timeline of the remedy? It's around a decade since AFPS 15 was announced and the proven illegality is still not rectified. Who or what is to stop letters being sent out in the year 2050?

Not just a vent, I'm genuinely interested to know which legal body sanctions waiting for this period of time - when some scheme members are not going to make it to the finish line.

Last edited by Chauderon; 14th Oct 2022 at 15:30. Reason: Human Factors *genuinely not generally