PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loganair-3
Thread: Loganair-3
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2022, 20:40
harriewillem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys, I have nothing against any airline but I just dont have the "pink" glasses certain people have. I do hope all people, pilots etc tec can keep their jobs.. I am just raising my concerns that they are not in that great shape as it may seem.

On the fleet side, I think the data is accurate enough, Saabdriver1 saying I am wrong, happy to be wrong but show your source in that case.

Historic I just think the Bond brothers kept the airline afloat and they saved Logan over BMI and ok, sometimes you need to make those choises.

I think current Logan just grew too big, and I know this a fond strategy, but you need to keep growing to stay ahead of the bills of previous years.. grow more aircraft and routes.. the bills follow.. so grow again... like Flybe did... now there more reason why they went bust... but in the basis, you can not grow forrever so at one point you need to make serious money or you start loosing serious money... and I am no advocate of closing airlines that dont make a profit for lets say one year...

But Logan at 40+ as "Scotlands Airline" is just too big and vunarouble, the Scottish essential services and the ABZ related work will work but the rest is loads of window dressing and just open to be easy killed by for example Easyjet. Logan does not have the equipment and or pockets to compete on routes. The cry wolf over the PSO I think is nice example, from tax payer perspective we dont want to pay for the PSO so if an airlines want to go comercial perfect.. but as the PSO operator dont cry..

I wish Logan well but I think they grew too big and they will have a hard time ahead, going from owned cheap metal to expensive lease, if it was that profitable and bright future the Bond brothers would not sell, they dont need the few extra pounds.

If Easyjet / BA does offer you that job tallaonejuliet I would take it.. tell the wife you will be still home many nights... just not every night.