PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Shortage (Down Under)
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2022, 01:46
Gunner747400

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 43Inches
DTA and allowances like claiming every meal entitled will easily net you $20k+ then a few work on AL, crewing stuff ups resulting in extension payments or days off possibly another $10k-$20k without breaking a sweat or even cracking 700 hours for the year. The point was that its half of the AUD value, so only $70k a year. If you hit the Casual work hard you will easily crack $200k and still not hit 900 hours, and if you do they can't work you any harder but you can still do more casuals as they come up, or end up with several weeks of forced leave while you flight time recovers, depending on how good you are at swinging the numbers. I've seen this happen back when they first brought in the casual day payments, everything has just gone up since then. Some pilots had it so worked out they were working casuals to be taken off regular duties and worked no harder than someone just line flying the roster, just keep pestering crewing to give you the work and they did, CAO 48s and you worked for triple the pay one day and got the other off, no net gain in workload. BTW heard from a mate that the latest EBA offer will be a significant improvement. So that $120k might soon be well into the $130ks. Nothing huge compared jet jobs, but for the lifestyle options for some it sounds pretty good, especially if you want to live country.

I think the story of the day was a certain captain that made $160K in six months then one day didn't show up for work. Legend has it he put the money into his yacht and when crewing finally caught up with him he was half way up the coast on some round the world tour. When asked where his priorities lay he parked up and returned to work like nothing had happened.
This was a cracker read.. I'll know who to ask when I need someone to write something on how to polish a turd.

You continue to go on about how this new proposed EBA is good, yet all I have heard is the contrary.