PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NCA and WSOp
Thread: NCA and WSOp
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2004, 16:04
Deskjet

NCA and WSOp

WW

How did you get on? I was involved in AA/NCA and navigator/WSO training until a few months ago. In my initial brief to all the students I attempted to get the message across that no-one was any better than them, it was just that some us were suited to flying and others were not. Every potential NCA/WSO started with the same chance - it was up to them to look inside themselves and see if they had what it takes inside them.

I can assure you that if you are successful in reaching 55(R) Sqn then you will not be joining a holiday camp. However, if you have the 'right stuff' and can learn then there is a place for you as aircrew in the RAF. This does not mean that you have to be the same as everyone else but that you have yto havew the moral courage to be yourself.

Unfortunately, not all thoses selected find the reserves to complete the course - we would probably describe this a a 'lack of sufficient capacity'. This is unfortunate but to be expected as what you will be asked to do is not easy and maybe even quite wacky at times. Even if you are found unsuitable during training, I believe you will have gained a lot from the experience.

Good luck

D-J