PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar EBA 2019
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2022, 03:08
cLeArIcE

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Ollie Onion
Duty travel is important, you do get sick of getting told the flight is oversold and to come back at checkin close to be presented with 26B for your 4 hour paxing flight to operate back. Staff Travel not a concern because we all know the pitfalls of that, but if the Company want me to go somewhere for work the least they could do is allow me to have access to seat select when forced to use the app to check in instead of being made to feel I should be great full for getting any seat. I do NOT expect confirmed Business but would like a confirmed selectable seat on the plane.
Absolutely hear what your saying and the great thing about all of this debate is we ask important questions of our employers and our reps. Whilst I agree staff travel has become somewhat useless, as far as I'm concerned if you are employed in the group, you should get the same staff travel. Shouldn't matter if you are mainline, link, one star or.. bin chicken

In respect to duty travel, Personally, if the aircraft has a business seat and im paxing on duty, I expect to be in it. Not down the back. If it's an all economy aircraft, then a extra leg / exit row seat that's an aisle or window with the seat next to me to be the last assigned on the aircraft is what I expect. It comes down to the company respecting the position I hold. (I think that's what's in the QF short haul eba or something similar). Why is JQ different? QF pilots get treated better on jq metal then JQ pilots. Why? It's simply disrespectful and not good enough.
Where is the open time system that was promised?
75 hours for EFA, ha get stuffed. JQ wonders why sick leave is so high...
Carers lines?
Had a crew meal on an international sector recently? You wouldn't feed it to your dog. Actually, dogs are treated better than the staff at jetstar.
late finishes and early starts between days off.
Let's not even talk about the hotel and transport situation of late.

Last edited by cLeArIcE; 5th Oct 2022 at 05:16.