PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Recession, war and the airlines
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2022, 20:37
43Inches

Received 424 Likes on 233 Posts
Originally Posted by Capn Rex Havoc
43-
I was not arguing about the statistics of safety, though I think that you can cherry pick the stats. eg Freighter ops in Africa are probably deleterious to the accident stats.
I was pointing out the ERROR of your stated location of the National crash.
I was also pointing out that NOONE says to operate the aircraft like a military transport.
I told you I work for National. Please tell me who you work for? I doubt you have had any wide body command experience, and I doubt that you are ex military. But I have no doubt that you are a self professed expert on all topics, from law, to finance, to psychology to medicine to politics to well just about everything.
Ah, yes it is.
Your "advice" on making sure one knows the risks of the trade, is condescending and insulting.
Dude you have lost the plot, I never refered to National directly. You are nit picking essentially what was a statement on an in house joke from 2007 about what was being told to a number of pilots going into Afghanistan.

As for the National 747 crash, I sincerely apologise, it was at Bagram. Does not change that it happened.

As for who I work for or have worked for it would be very silly to post that on an annonymous forum in an Industry where 90% of operators have stipulations banning public comment.

The rest still stands, freight is more dangerous than passenger ops. If you read the airsafety notice, second highest accident rate area was North America. Africa as usual is just the highest.

Again it shows if you are a freighter pilot you are probably in need of some education on the traps of your own trade. The way you talk suggests you are a brick wall to this and wish to portray some form of rosy picture as to thev reality of the job. Pilots share information in the dangers, thats what we do. Keeping mum just means the same things happen over and over again. Air freight statistics show the same types of accidents being repeated regularly, loading errors, dangerous goods accidents etc..

I mean the National 747 crash happened in 2013, so 40 plus years after the 747 took flight your company learned that it needs to ensure freight is loaded correctly.... yeah they made changes after that, however how many other companies are yet to learn. Maybe its warning to look out for other hazards that have not resulted in a hull loss yet, as that is what you are saying triggers change at your outfit. "Your stuff is safe because we learn from our crashes..."

PS this thread is hypotheticals including expanded war around the globe, if you think an international freighter will be safe in a world conflict, well thats a delusion I cant fix. Although I already said that in my opinion global war is very unlikely.

Last edited by 43Inches; 3rd Oct 2022 at 21:22.