PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Recession, war and the airlines
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2022, 04:59
43Inches

Received 428 Likes on 235 Posts
Originally Posted by Capn Rex Havoc
No 43,
Just admit when you are wrong.
have you ever flown freight in a wide body ? Or even flown a wide body ?
You were being unnecessary alarmist in your “sage” advice for freighter pilots.

And who gives a toss about Herc Ops ? Nothing to do with contract freight Ops.
Not sure what you are arguing, but statistics are what they are, cargo ops are more dangerous than passenger ops for reasons I already listed. If you want to argue the sky isn't blue than fair enough, but again you are talking like you are the one that has no idea what goes on in these aircraft, or are reasonably new on them. I get it you or a mate flies for National, cant tarnish that name but it's just the nature of the job, and you are proving that pilots need more education on the dangers present.

https://flightsafety.org/asw-article...-of-attention/

Hull loss rate of 1.41 per 1000 cargo aircraft compared to 0.4 per 1000 for passenger on large jet transports. If you include Turboprops its even worse.

The same goes for land transport, you are more likely to be injured or be involved in an accident hauling in a truck over being a bus driver. Just different types of work and working conditions.

And as far as alarmism, its no different to saying to a VFR pilot they will die if they fly into IMC. I'll say again, you fly freight get to know the traps, it has more hazards than passenger ops and more threats that can catch you out if you are unwary. Contract freight is where you will find the greatest amount of hazards as the loads vary, the routes vary and so on.

Yet again, an ignorant fool getting caught out making comments on a subject he knows nothing about.

Give it up, the game is up, you are getting worse by the day.
And sorry to say that you are just a sad bitter individual with anger issues. I really suggest you go outside and leave the computer work for those who can handle it. It will be better for your mental health if you don't participate in PPRune for a while, you obviously take things too seriously and personally to move forward. The fact you jumped threads just to snipe at me shows a very sad existance, that you are fixated on what I say and that you have to debase me personally without contributing at all to the thread shows severe personality issues. Get help sir.