PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singapore Airlines DEFO
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2022, 01:49
yellokiwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cruisepower
totally agree with the above. SIA is one of the best airlines in the world and you are guaranteed a world class training program and work environment. The rejection rate is indeed high and only the right ones get in. But no one should lose hope we all are together in it, if you get invited and give your best then this job is yours.

As much as this job is attractive the downside is the cost of living in Singapore is one of the highest in the world, if you are single you can manage but if with a family and kids it will be a challenge. The salary is on local terms, no housing allowance, no schooling and relocation assistance.

Additionally this job comes with a 7 year bond and for 5 year a sum will be deducted for the type rating cost so even less money. The salary is ok but not on par with other world class airlines. Most guys get the rating and hrs and leave.

But right now we should all wait to get invited hopefully soon we shall get .
Question about the 7 year bond and rating cost. How much is deducted? When you say most guys get the rating and hrs and leave, how many years after joining do they leave? I'm really not in it for the money but the experience since I wouldn't have to do the instructor route, I see it as a plus for me