PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can Wigston survive the onslaught?
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2022, 22:46
Jackonicko

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Chugalug2
Jackoniko :-
So did the 'D&I stuff' you mention start out as a directive from his political masters?
In my limited experience, even Air Rank officers tend not to be the initiators of policy.

Jackoniko :-
Being CAS doesn't call for impressing those one is glad handing; it calls for maintaining the fighting efficiency of the Royal Air Force. How many marks out of ten would he rate for that I wonder, while he pondered on his 'courageous' recruiting initiatives?
Impressing journos is absolutely not a core skillset for a CAS, but it's not a bad bonus.

Being a manifestly high calibre bloke doesn't seem to have always been a required attribute in a CAS (no names, no pack drill) but again, it's not a bad bonus.

Leaving a really favourable impression of himself and the service he commands? Bloody useful, I'd have thought.

Because perhaps impressing and getting on with his political masters might be absolutely the key to unlocking the funding and goodwill upon which the fighting efficiency of the Royal Air Force will depend in the years to come?

And winding up octogenarians who are stuck in the past? Not just a bonus, but an absolute necessity, perhaps?

​​​​​​​
Jackoniko :-I hadn't realised that you don't post anonymously, Mr Jackonico.
Well spotted. However, my identity isn't much of a secret, and in any case, I don't use my anonymity to snipe at a better man than I am, who is also at the top of the RAF chain of command. And though as a 61 year old I deplore all the new woke initiatives (especially the lunacy of calling the Station Commander's cat an Aviator), I don't take to PPRuNe to lambast the Chief for them.
​​​​​​​