PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can Wigston survive the onslaught?
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2022, 16:59
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by dervish
I Agree with the comments about CAS. Ill-prepared. Set up almost. But I have a tinge of sympathy. He's inherited a Service in disarray at the top, held together by those below. That doesn't happen just with one man's tenure.
I have to agree with you, dervish. Other than blighting a Gp Capt's career, there has been little apparent damage done by this ill-thought-out and illegal policy by an ill-thinking CAS. I say apparent, because the Tim Davies video posted by Ewan Whosearmy implies that damage had already been done to those recruited, to those not recruited, and to the RAF, prior to these recent events. We shall see, what the bemedaled buffoons (ack Anthony Aloysius Hancock) need to realise is that the truth will out. It always does, and faster than ever these days. What we do know is that the Star Chamber in general has been orchestrating a cover up of the illegal actions of RAF VSOs for some thirty years. As a result many aircrew, other Service personnel, and civilians have died, and more will do so yet until it is admitted to and reform follows. So, whatever befalls this CAS, the next one will still be tarred with this brush, as will be the rest of the RAF Leadership. Never was there a clearer illustration of the old maxim, Evil Will Triumph if Good Men do Nothing, to which I hastily add Women of course. Time for them to stand up and be counted. Their silence is deafening!

Can I also thank you for your kind words in an earlier post? :-

. "But only in the case of MoD has a court ruled that the Defence Safety Authority / Military Aviation Authority is not independent of MoD."

Chug. I imagine you are pleased with this ruling. Small steps. How it came about is a fascinating and immensely sad read. Well done.
You are too kind, but I am a mere spear carrier in this campaign, as are others. Perhaps I should invoke the same maxim? No-one who reads these pages can be unaware of the airworthiness crisis that infects UK Military Aviation now. An unairworthy air force cannot prevail. We must have reform of Air Regulation and Accident Investigation. Delay only threatens yet more avoidable accidents, more avoidable deaths, and potential disaster for this nation (I write this on Battle of Britain Day!). To all good men and women, your Country needs you, Now!