PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Willing to leave RHS for LHS qatar/emirates
Old 15th Sep 2022, 08:57
flyTheBigFatLady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by White Sausage
Well, I’m sorry you landed a crap job in a crap airline. I didn’t, I was lucky after more than 17 years in the ME. So my reality is great, I’m enjoying my new job, I have a great management and an awesome company culture. I fly less for the same money as in the ME, if I work more I’m making more than before. Again, sorry if that don’t fit your narrative.

I agree, LCC in Europe sucks, but nobody is forced to work there with a gun to their head. If you accept these ****ty t&c‘s then don’t complain afterwards but look for something better.

There are great jobs out there, you just have to find them…
if nobody signs those TnC they must go better, but pilots are their worst enemies, always have been.
there is always a few who feel happy to sign in, later complain and/or leave the outfit.

and I nobody would sign in on such TnC, and pilots are loosing their regencies airlines would be required to cover those costs later on too. So there is a way to change the system, but it’s needs to be all together rather than complaining. I have my part not to sign up for everything- it was hard but it payed off now. I work less - I decide how much money I want to earn and control the income by controlling my flight hours. Yes it’s not ideal but better than what all the LCC offer - by far
Training became a pleasure, not like with the best of the best, where you look which trainer comes across and you consider to call sick on a particular person in the back.
in EK only the minority was going into a check relaxed without any paranoia. And for some of them it ended badly not to be.
so what is world class in the dessert.
With AAR has the wrong count of sugar in his tea your career can change upside down in an blinck of an eye - because rules change instantly (ask all 330/340 guys) how things ended up with that fleet. Progress is depending on so many things in this company where you have absolute no influence - unlike than in many other carriers in a civilized world where seniority and flight hours have the saying over your career - not LCC of course.

Last edited by flyTheBigFatLady; 15th Sep 2022 at 13:40.