PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can Wigston survive the onslaught?
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2022, 16:43
oldmansquipper

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by pr00ne
What?! Kay Burley was doing her job on a 24 hour rolling live news programme. It was not a documentary on the Royals! He should have expected to be asked the questions that he was asked as he was appearing on a live news programme!

I didn’t think that anything that Kay Burley said was in any way shape ir form inappropriate, and she certainly has nothing to be ashamed off, nor has Sky News in anyway lost the plot.
CAS was the only dreadful part of that interview, and I agree with what you wrote about him.
Ms Burley was the one who WAS clear!

Perhaps it was a tad inappropriate ‘in the moment’, but, if everything is being ‘woke-washed’ elsewhere and serious questions from her Defence Correspondent colleague (Deborah Haynes - who is cvcurrently in Ukraine, I believe) are being ignored, then she rightly sized that moment (IMHO)

I have little time for the Meejah as I think most of them have attended the Goebellian Institute of Manipulative Journalism, but in this case, things needed to be dug into. Her questions were straightforward and without nuance.

Another very poor response by CAS.