PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - About to start at BAA to do my A320 TR
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2022, 06:34
A320Tiko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Petollik
You should read baatraining threads in this forum. Many people don't have anything good to say about them, but mostly it is focused to zero-atpl frozen. They might be good in type rating, but everyone complaines about bad management.
I think someone who went there, said in here that the interviews are quite scam. They will get you one interview and if you fail it, they wont help you anymore at all. Also the interview were not legit. Even If the company doesn't need pilots at the moment, they still have to interview you, because of the deal and that's how your one interview was wasted.
​​​​​
​​He/she also mentioned that some airlines in EU don't want to hire pilot from baatraining. I wouldn't do self sponsored type rating, because even you have the tr you still have very little hours as pic, so you don't really gain anything from it. Many people in this forum says never get the tr as self sponsored, but wait till you get it from airline or in a bond from them.

but search up the baatraining in this forum, there should be a lots of talk of it.
Thank you for your reply. I for sure realise that there are no guarantees after getting a TR and for sure being bonded is ideal as that gives the security of employment.

Having researched all the info I can find on BAA it seems that the threads are pretty much in the past. I have 2 days to decide and may even just fly there and attend couple of days of class before commiting.

Lets see...