PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Private aircraft crash in Baltic Sea
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2022, 17:04
421dog

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by B2N2
I said Legal does not equal Proficient.
You’re also presenting it like it’s 4 different courses of training. By your username you know they’re rolled into one.
Canned ground school which is the same every year as it otherwise requires reapproval by insurance compagnies or authorities. Same three Systems covered. Pressurization, Electrical and Hydraulic.
3/4 of the sim profiles are flown on autopilot as automation is prioritized in single pilot operations. Five approaches on autopilot and one hand flown ILS.
Single engine missed approach is flown on autopilot.
Most instructors at providers such as CAE and Simuflight dislike these owner/pilot type ratings as the majority expects to be babysat.
There is also no limit on the repeat sessions unlike with a career pilot.
This character sued after his training provider failed him.
https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...ke/7701982002/
Wow.
all of us who fly pressurized * Turbine or Jet aircraft are functionally subject to the same rules. I personally could do q24 month recurrent on my pressurized piston stuff, but am still annually on turbines.
The place I fly with (RTC in Tampa Fla, USA) is collocated with a simulator manufacturer, and has never failed to disable the stec 55 autopilot in either their 421 or king air sim on an engine failure.

I’ve shut more than a few engines in my life,(for real) likely with a lot less experience than this guy, and have never scratched an airplane.
Cut him some slack until you have objective evidence that he wasn’t flummoxed