PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moving to the Top End for flying
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2022, 01:13
Charizard90

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jamesfagan
Thanks. To be honest, I’d be pretty happy with almost any job that didn’t require a GA Ready course! Think I might give that a very wide berth, given what I’ve read on here. I haven’t been up to the Territory or the Kimberly for 20 years, and I just may have an opportunity to to spend a year up there before my youngest child starts school.
Best of luck, maturity and commitment goes a long way with most operators. I'd just be careful you've mentioned a couple of times 'for a year or so' operators don't want to hear you are only in for it for a year.

Originally Posted by Hyrees
Plenty of pilots have gotten work in the NT of a similar age bracket.

Many companies that have remote bases typically have company housing, sharing with other pilots. In most cases, they won’t allow partners / families to occupy as well. Getting your own housing in community is very difficult.

Your best bet would be trying to score a basing one Darwin, Katherine or Gove in the NT.
Agree with this, most of the Arnhem land operators will put you up in company provided housing with other pilots, unless you can score a single pilot base not practical for a partner/families. Although black listed for numerous other reasons Black Diamond in Gove in the past has assisted with company housing for families, I believe Air Arnhem also Gove based has helped with housing for families, although I think the CP might have moved on now.