PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NETJETS hiring 2022
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2022, 22:41
EatMyShorts!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Mister "I just joined for my first and only post":
Originally Posted by papipapichulo
I am pretty sure 58.5k was the starting salary 20 years ago
You are wrong, I am pretty sure. Nearly 20 years ago, when I joined, the starting salary was more like 43k EUR, but it depended on the fleet. Since 2006 the base pay is identical, irrespective of the fleet.

same for the per diems that received no adjustment along the years
Correct. Also, to avoid sliding into taxable amounts of PDs. Our colleagues from the UK can already sing the "tax my PD"-song...

Productivity pay, well yes that sounds all well and good, but why can't they pay it the following month like any respectable employer instead of waiting the following Feb?
That is not possible, because you obviously do not know how productivity pay is calculated. Only after the end of a calendar year can one determine how many hours have been flown and how much is paid out. It is NOT linear, there are several thresholds. The first 100 hours of block time in a calendar year are "on us pilots", only then will one get some "pocket money" for those additional hours. The special "summer bonus" gets paid out monthly, probably to your own surprise.
I just heard that someone made 300k+ EUR in a year. But that means volunteering almost every off-day and selling lots of vacation days. That's nuts, I would never do this.

So if you get kicked out in January, then you get a big fat middle finger i.s.o. hourly pay?
Wrong.