PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VA and VARA integration
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2022, 05:23
non_state_actor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Ok so let me get this straight. Virgin has decided to replace an old aircraft type with a newer aircraft type, as the newer type will offer lower costs, increased reliability etc etc. As a result of modernising the fleet and thru absolutely no fault of their own doing, you want them to get demoted? Even though they will be flying most of the the same routes as they were previously on the old aircraft type.

From an outsiders perspective I’m shocked that you feel this way of thinking is justified.

Seniority sux. Pilots continue to cling to it. Just remember the company will do what is in their best interests, regardless of seniority, and until pilots get over this, the anguish will continue.
Yes that is straight line seniority and everyone knows where they stand as opposed to whatever we have now which is almost worse than no seniority.

Remember every system is flawed seniority or non-seniority there is no perfect system and they can all be corrupted. My problem is that it appears there is no system at all.

Seniority sux. Pilots continue to cling to it. Just remember the company will do what is in their best interests, regardless of seniority, and until pilots get over this, the anguish will continue.
And replace it with what? A "performance" system which just becomes an old boys club?