PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VA and VARA integration
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2022, 04:14
davidclarke

Received 113 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by non_state_actor
Except we don't have any of those. I don't even know what seniority means anymore. It's just what ever suits on a particular given day to fix a particular problem.

Anyway I think the message is loud and clear the future lies elsewhere if you are a junior FO who would like to be a captain one day.

Yes. That is the nature of seniority. Just have a look at QF mainline.
It is not the best system but it is the best of a bad choice. However we don't even have a "system" as such.

If we don't want to have a seniority system, that's OK but that needs to be advertised so people can organise themselves accordingly.
Ok so let me get this straight. Virgin has decided to replace an old aircraft type with a newer aircraft type, as the newer type will offer lower costs, increased reliability etc etc. As a result of modernising the fleet and thru absolutely no fault of their own doing, you want them to get demoted? Even though they will be flying most of the the same routes as they were previously on the old aircraft type.

From an outsiders perspective I’m shocked that you feel this way of thinking is justified.

Seniority sux. Pilots continue to cling to it. Just remember the company will do what is in their best interests, regardless of seniority, and until pilots get over this, the anguish will continue.