PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Electric powered commercial aircraft -- here we go!
Old 22nd Aug 2022, 22:18
ExSimGuy

Sims Fly Virtually

Location: Used to be 3rd Sand Dune from the Left - But now I'm somewhere else somewhere else.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apart from the "electric flying-boat" mentioned a couple of posts earlier, I'm almost convinced that a short haul company in northern Europe was already taking pax distances of a couple of hundred by electrics, but I guess I had that wrong as a bit more searching today has brought up 4 "May 2022Textron paid $235 million for Pipistrel, which produced the world's first electric-powered aircraft to be internationally certified as being safe for passenger flight" (19-seater)
Here in Europe, EasyJet’s partnership with U.S. startup Wright Electric has led to development plans for the Wright 1, an all-electric, 186-seat commercial passenger jet with an 800-mile range that’s targeted to enter service around 2030. Up sooner still, Wright Electric additionally announced in November plans for an electric 100-seater, the Wright Spirit, due out in 2026