PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Electric powered commercial aircraft -- here we go!
Old 22nd Aug 2022, 09:55
ExSimGuy

Sims Fly Virtually

Location: Used to be 3rd Sand Dune from the Left - But now I'm somewhere else somewhere else.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nil by mouth
These scenarios :-

NIL BY MOUTH -- Those pics look suspiciously like aviation incidents rather than nuclear, As an "aviation person" I'm sure you are aware that one is far more likely to be in an accident on a highway taking you to an airport than on the flight you are about to take. in the same way, you are far more likely to be injured on that flight than from living near a nuke power station.You remember the incident in the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant ? The number of casualties from there can be counted on the fingures of one hand.
Do you remember the newspaper reports about the nuclear American warship that exploded? No? That's because it has never happened
I used to be quite "anti nuke, but mainly because of the "thousand year trail" of the so-called" "spent" fuel. However with Thorium as a fuel the efficiency is much higher and the waste iis only dangerous for a few tens of years.l