PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NETJETS hiring 2022
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2022, 18:44
733driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by maximus610
In previous thread there was some info about London gateway.
What about Frankfurt gateway? How much airlining? Do you depart usually from FRA or Egelsbach? Will appreciate for some more info.
Lot's of airlining. It's the worst part of the job for me. Especially these days. Sometimes we airline more than twice per tour. Being away for six or seven days can can be tough with a young family but being home for five or six days after each tour is pretty good. Airlining and sleeping in a different hotel every night gets old once you've done it for ten or twenty years. At least it did for me. The flying is very good but there can be too much of it. Quality of life on tour can be quite compromised. Max duty min rest is quite common-

The remuneration system is a bit weird. At least to me. A senior captain on a long range or large cabin jet likely makes less money than a first year captain on a Phenom or XLS. That's because the smaller the jet the higher the productivity pay per hour. Also, once you are a 2+year Captain there is no more salary progression beyond inflation correction. As a 20 year Captain you will make no more than a three-year captain. In fact you may makle less if you are on a bigger aircraft. You can make more money if you fly a lot and work extra days but you have very limited control over how much or how little you fly. It's not a bad place but it's not for everyone.