PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIR ATLANTA
Thread: AIR ATLANTA
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2022, 09:47
lekijiji

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did my interview recently.
I confirm all the infos read on this thread. ATPL questions are spot on.

ATPL questions I had 20:

- When a compressor surge occurs ? (EGT increases rapidly)

- Takeoff distance available is (The length of the take-off run available plus the length of clearway available

- To obtain the optimum descend distance, the TAS must ( increase in headwind ) ?

- Tropopause is lower ? (Over the N-Pole than over Equator) over the North Pole than over the equator

- A decrease in density….Gives a longer T/O roll and a smaller rate of climb

- A descent with a constant mach number…..Increases the TAS

- How is altitude read in an aircraft? Pressure altitude, density altitude ?

- Definition of climb gradient: The increase of altitude to horizontal air distance expressed as a percentage

- What is worse for stalling conditions? Light mass fwd CG, heavy mass rearward CG,…?

- What are flaps that extend a rearward from the trailing edge? Krueger, zap flap, split flap?

- When do outboard ailerons lock? Gear up, gear extended, high speed, low speed? HIGH SPEED

- What is window heat used for? Anti-icing and birdstrike

- Definitions of magnetic variation, deviation.

- At a constant TAS, load factor depends on? Bank angle, weight and turn radius, TAS and turn radius?

- Optimum descent point in a headwind, TAS must: be reduced, increased, remain constant? INCREASED

- Which part of the engine controls the temperature? Turbine, combustion chamber, exhaust? TURBINE

- What is the shortest distance between two points on the globe? A GREAT CIRCLE

- Effects of flaps 20 on takeoff? Increases stall speed, increases required elevator trim?

- What is the movement around the lateral axis? Pitch, yaw, roll? PITCH

- What is VLO: Speed at which the landing gear can be operated with full safety.

Sim out of AMS as already precisely described by Pilotfly
Very pleasant and relaxed atmosphere.
Good luck to you all

Last edited by lekijiji; 21st Aug 2022 at 11:30.