PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash at SunShine coast.
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2022, 22:34
djpil

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Beryllium Erbium
As a C150 Aerobat owner, I didn't do any aero's or spins in The Bat until this report came out. As is the case when an accident of this sort happens, you chat to your aerobatic mates about possible causes. ....
Yes, good to be cautious. Trouble with being an engineer if I have to sit flying S&L for too long I start wondering about particular bolts and attach fittings etc. I've learnt to avoid chatting to most aerobatic mates early on as they jump to conclusions and mislead me. The ATSB is pretty good at alerting us about defects fairly quickly.

Originally Posted by 43Inches
Where I worked many years ago we had 5 152s, 3 of them aerobats. One of the Aerobats VH-RYI flew differently to the others, seemed to have slightly different attitudes and a bit more aggressive stall characteristics. We had the rigging checked numerous times, and found nothing different to the other two. ....
BMB was my favourite A152. HEZ was at the bottom of my list but it has been improved and I like it now. UPS was my favourite A150 then suddenly it changed its behaviour in snap rolls and spin entry - rigging measurements within tolerance but it had a section of wing leading edge replaced - sometimes it doesn't take much.