PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lauda Europe
Thread: Lauda Europe
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2022, 11:00
RUDice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlightDetent
It is low. A320 F/O is a responsible job with large training cost attached.

All Vienna landlords are super excited to rent for summertime only and have an empty flat for winter.

5/4 you work exactly the same as the other guys: 900 hrs plus SIM and trainings. Except harder as the duties are more densely packed. The benefit of 4 off-duty is well worth it but deffo it is not working less.
​​​​​​
Free commute, are not the tickets all 19.99 anyway? Jokes aside what happens if RYR cancels your commute trip to base. Honest question.

Living in a hotel on an 70 EUR/day budget with food, cleaning, ground transport sounds exciting. Don't fool yourselves, it is Petrzalka on that money if you actually understand why you work for a salary at all.

Two points from the Friday's webinar that came unexpected:
- unsolicited explanation how great their SOPs are, about the multiple added safety layers and ongoing consultations with Airbus. The nice Irish gentleman who is usually razor sharp and keeps a point started going on in circles.
- his presentation partner letting it loose and trying to convince people base nomadism is a great job benefit for young people without commitments, how great it would be to enjoy 5 bases in five years.

Freudian slips on 2 sore points?

Well, if you have this view already before getting a job, then cancel interview and leave that spot to someone else, who wants his logbook finally rolling..
No idea about cadets, but whenever I decide to leave, I can, permanent contract with all taxes paid. I doubt those 5k WZZ is exactly the same scheme.. They have 3 types of contracts, 5k could be that Swiss contract.
And by saying "work less" I mean DUTY TIME (spent in uniform) is not same BLOCK TIME! Yes, you may log 900 a year, or 90 a month, with around 140 duty hours same month. I used to have 200 duty hours per 100 block, as you noticed, it is 60 hour difference, or a week of 12 hours in the office. It is a HUGE difference. It is called productivity. And it is much higher than competitors, and that is due to short turnarounds, if you complain about that and rather go 1 hour standart, 5 bases with constant travels in between, go ahead, then tell me how terrible your life is!