PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HS780 Andover C1/E3
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2022, 22:34
WB627

Received 50 Likes on 15 Posts
They do not look any different from the aircrew I met as a CCF cadet and I met rather more than most as my Dad was a pilot with 1 AEF. Not only did I meet current aircrew including pilots holding doing a stint on the AEF, but I also met senior serving officers who were "keeping there hand in" whilst their day job was flying a desk. I also met a lot of WW2 pilots like my dad, including his personal friends, Mac Hamilton DFC*, Frank Wolfson DFC, Bob Robinson a City of Glasgow Squadron Spitfire Pilot (you can always tell a fighter pilot, but you cannot tell him much!). There were even a couple of Navy pilots on the AEF, one serving (MOD desk job) and one retired who happened to live round the corner from us. And there is my late father in law 618 Squadron and his brother Blenheim air gunner 236 Squadron Battle of Britain.

They all did their duty for King/Queen and country and unlike Garth, lived to tell the tale. I would have bought a used car from any of them.

The post by JENKINS. is one of the most reprehensible posts I have ever had the misfortune to read on PPRuNe