PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WIZZ AIR Skiathos vid
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2022, 10:46
Coachcpt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Italian biscotti

As a side note I think it will be biscotti and espresso too as all Wizzair flights to Skiathos appear to originate from the (relatively new) Italian bases.

I think JSI flights commenced in June, Equally
BA City flyer only started these leisure flights at weekends this year?

Not sure what was so reckless about it anyway, they got low - looks like the descent was arrested, didn’t hit anything and touched down safely. If you were to remove the fact that there happens to be a road (and a bar) and a load of folk standing essentially at the end of the tarmac (which could of been a factor when deciding not to go TOGA at the point it was felt low) would this not be a non event at any other runway? I imagine say at Luton this final phase of the approach deviates 10’s of feet up or down when visual at all runways? It’s of course just antenna and lighting and fields in the vicinity……

Could we actually be seeing a bit of decent airmanship perhaps? - you get to decision altitude you’re a little low and there’s loads of people amassed right in front of you, if you gas on and abort they are about to be hit with 50,000lb of hot thrust and blown off over rocks in to the bay and could be killed or seriously injured so you round it out, declare
continue, arrest the descent - stay low and get featured on YouTube and PPRune!

Matt