PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training with Australian PPL
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2022, 10:18
Tres

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your replies.

I'm aware of the differences between EASA and UK licences and the additional exams and flight tests that it would require to get both licences.
The schools I've been in contact with offer both licences so I assume they will have everything arranged but they are very unresponsive so that's pretty frustrating and delaying my planning a lot..

I forgot to mention in my initial post that I currently don't satisfy the 100 hour requirement to convert so I would need to find a way to get those hours before being able to convert.
I am currently not in Aus and don't have a valid medical. And I don't believe 28 days would be enough for hour building and the training I would need to get to that stage in my training.

Does that mean I will need a Australian medical for refresher training/hour building in the UK i.e. I can't have a UK & EASA Class 1 and fly in the UK using a Australian PPL for training/hour building?
If that's the case, would you recommend going to Aus for refresher training, flight review and hour building before going to the UK for modular fATPL training?
Or would it make more sense to go into a integrated course in the UK and convert my PPL at a later date?