PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loganair-3
Thread: Loganair-3
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2022, 19:41
Fly757X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VickersVicount
I couldn’t recall if the ultimate fleet plan was to replace everything with ATRs… was that the case? The Emb145 I was on this week was ‘knackered’ with bits of seats duct taped, badly worn leather, blue ex BMI external paint showing, ‘painted’ fold down tables and a whistling door seal. Very swift trip though and sprightly performance which as a jet I doubt could be matched by ATR. Hopefully ATR has bigger overhead bins for what was apparently allowed on…
The initial press releases in 2018 suggested that eventually this would be the case.

Recent video interviews I had seen from 2021 mentioned that they see a purpose for both alongside eachother due to sector lengths etc. The 135s were in the process of being sold recently but G-SAJH was recently also in the paint shop to receive a Tartan tail, Red engines etc so the frames to remain are seeing some investment.

A bit of work inside wouldn’t go as miss as you’ve said however. I remember G-SAJG being particularly poor back in its old BMI days.