PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2022, 00:37
NAT Zulu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blimey!

Did Balpa not have anything to say about that? I mean, a union rep and all.
Oh they certainly did! One has formally apologised and provided compensation for falsehoods propogated in response to awkward questions being asked about what really happened behind closed doors in consultations with management. They are subject of active litigation along with the Company, and so it would be wrong to say anything here pertaining to what they did "actually say about it"! Suffice to say that there was unbelievable toxicity and they most certainly did not help when the executions were carried out from their "industry leading redundancy hold pool".

There are now multiple pilots involved in consolidated legal claims against the Company that are scheduled for six weeks worth of hearing in the future. Like others have said (likely VAA long timers as opposed to newer voices on here).....do your research.

There are some very accurate appraisals on this thread, and others - not so much. I guess it probably depends on how much actual experience you have in VAA and if you have known anything different in VAA before the last few years. This along with a truthful self appraisal of what you want for your own personal future (and perhaps most importantly - what your family wants!)

But one fact to be aware of : seniority is not something you can rely on at VAA now the precedent has been set. This is worth considering in this volatile industry of ours when you are waiting for a command for ten years! I waited twelve in the RHS and was unceremoniously made redundant at fifteen years from the LHS.

I was not a BALPA rep, BTW. Like I said, prob just coincidence.

Look through untinted glasses....if it is still for you compared to your current gig, good luck and go for it.

Last edited by NAT Zulu; 29th Jul 2022 at 00:48.