PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2022, 20:46
zero/zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SUMMARY:

For those thinking about it, Virgin is a tough place to recommend currently.

It’s a very different company to what it was 3+ years ago. It used to have the best lifestyle in the UK IMHO, but right now it probably offers one of the worst. Joining at the moment comes with a fairly serious health warning and you will fly 90+hrs a month with a mix of east, west, min rest that destroys your body. It is Emirates/Qatar without the tax free salary.

I still enjoy it, but I live close to LHR and have a very understanding wife and kids that can cope without daddy being home. I have friends elsewhere that are interested in applying but my honest advice to them as a mate is to stay where they are.

It might get better… we have some very capable people in the VACC, but they are faced with management that are desperate to cut every possible corner to pay back the sizeable Covid debts. The next few years will probably be very volatile as we fight the company for every inch.

Your decision depends on individual circumstances and there are many jobs that are worse, but apply with your eyes open that this isn’t the company that it used to be.