PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Abu Dhabi Aviation
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2022, 14:25
TukTukDriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Done’n Dusted…..

I initially joined ADA in 1999. When I joined the company I was the second youngest pilot at 41yrs with 7,500Hrs. The average age in ‘99 was 52yrs and the next lowest flight time was 10,000Hrs. Some of the Vietnam / Air America guys were well up over 20,000Hrs.

When I joined, I was a fully qualified offshore Capt on the 212 and the 412, having previously flown for Gulf Helicopters in Doha. I worked an 8/4 rotation during my time there, commuting to/from my home in Phuket Thailand.

In July 2020 I was forcibly “retired” along with most all other personnel over the age of 60yrs……due Covid. Although I had planned on staying until I turned 65yrs in 2023, I got lucky. All other personnel that remained, were required to get Vax’d. I fortunately remain un-Vax’d and follow FLCCC weekly dosing protocols for Ivermectin and supplements for my immune system.

ADA was at one time a great place to work, but you have to go back a long way….. 10-20yrs.
I remained because the people that I worked with were mostly all great guys and….it was an easy job, flying 600Hrs/yr in the 212/412 and 139….5 days / week, with 2 paid days-off / week. The money was ok at $616USD / day Tax-Free, (Just over $16K USD / month) plus the annual cumulative End-Of-Service-Benefit of around $8,500USD.

When the company “retired” the guys over 60yrs in 2020, (I was 62) we were called individually into see HR and the German Ops Mgr. We were given a letter to sign acknowledging our “retirement”. Immediately after signing the letter and during the same meeting, HR would hand the pilot another letter….. an offer of employment for the exact same job and same duties/responsibilities ….. at -33% less $$$$……!!!

I consider myself fortunate to have been part of the old school ADA during my early days there.

However, given all the changes and the way they treat their people, I most certainly wouldn’t want anything to do with the company now…!!!