PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DA40 crash Cranfield
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2022, 12:32
olster

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
My own dealings with L3 corroborates a spectacular level of incompetence @ middle management level not least the lack of experience, common sense and empathy usually required for these roles. Political in fighting, childish and personal vendettas, toxic atmospheres etc.The incompetence only matched by misplaced egos cashing cheques with no money in the bank. Training aspirant airline pilots would or should be an ideal, home every night job for pilots with previous airline experience with role model reference. However the few that have actually flown airliners previously are viewed by the aforementioned middle management instructors with a weird form of resentment and jealousy. A good question has been asked as to the regulatory oversight and of course that resonates with the popularly held belief in the big boy airline pilot world of the general uselessness of the U.K. CAA. I am very pleased that this young instructor made it out of the wreckage to fly another day. However, the Swiss cheese very nearly closed up which to those in the know was a worst case scenario prediction. As to sending your starry eyed sons and daughters to this flight school, avoid at all costs is my advice.