PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future of the Air Engineer
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2004, 22:08
The Gorilla

Inter Arma Enim Silentius Lex Legis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Happy New Year One and All!!

Ahh it's so nice to see that in 2004 the bickering and jealousy is still present in equal amounts, with a touch of arrogance to boot!!

ZH you are obviously commissioned !! Get a life M8!!

Air Eng's. Please wake up and smell the coffee, especially the NCA Eng's. You have NO future at all!! Eventually the last 30 odd Air Eng's will all be commissioned and at Waddo, around 2010/2012

If and I feel it is a big if, NCA PAS comes in it will not IMHO include Air Eng's. PMA are already on record as stating that any possible redundancy terms for Air Engs will NOT be as favourable as those given in the past. Those who opt for ALM will end up Rotary with nil seniority!!

There are no new jobs appearing in Civvie Street and no chance of a future in the RAF. I advise you to begin retraining for something else before it is too late.

Betty Boo: The whole world is an uncertain place at the mo!

Really!!! Only if you are unfortunate enough to be in the military matey!! I am in an industry that is having £Billions chucked at it and most of it isn't taxpayers money!!

I also strongly disagree that your deskman will tell it to you straight! They have one brief only - fill the gaps, offer non-existent carrots. Just like their senior officers above them, they will lie to you if they have to and any one who thinks otherwise is naive. Just look at the man in charge of the MOD!!

If you stay in and get rolled over, you have to accept that as part of your terms of service. You have no rights at all, you know it and unfortunately they know it!! They are actively relying on the fact that the pull for Air Eng's in Civvie Street is non-existent. But I am finding that in a non-aviation industry my ex Air Eng skills are in great demand and the financial incentives are there to be had!!

As Capt Black Adder once said before blowing his whistle: -

"Good luck everybody"