PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best and worst orders I have known
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2022, 09:58
longer ron

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by NutLoose
Last weeks of my service and literally days to do and I get stuck on GDT annual training, which I thought would really come in handy in about 16 days as I venture out into civi street.
I had exaccly the same - literally days to do and had to go for annual firing - I really wasn't very interested,I was the oldest by far on the range that day and I managed to get on the best side for firing SLR's (Left Hand side ??) So's I didn't get clobbered by anybody elses Hot ejected Cases .
But that was the limit of my interest - I was firing happily away and then part way through - I realised I was actually firing at next doors target,so I then switched to my target
Needless to say I got a bit of a roasting for bad marksmanship LOL but my neighbour got a really good score .
I had a busy last couple of weeks at Abingdon - I managed to get on a Hawk delivery flight back to Brawdy (to see some old mates) and return flight to bring in the next a/c for servicing at Abingdon.
I also had a last flight in a Bulldog with one of our very nice instructors on one of our UAS's,where he let me do the whole thing from startup to shutdown - many thanks LB - it was very enjoyable and much appreciated