PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brisbane Airshow
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2022, 05:50
Wizofoz

Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts
Just got home. Meh.
I'm a little spoilt by having been able to attend some great airshows OS, but I've also seen better ones here.
First time I've seen Paul Bennet fly, and yeah, the guys good-up there with Sean Tucker and Skip Stewart. Problem is, it's now the second, third and fourth time I've seem him fly. A kick-ass aeros program is a great part of an airshow, but it's not the WHOLE airshow,
In particular I'm peeved because gliding friends had gone to a lot of effort and expense to be there with a display ready to go- only to have it canned by the organisors for "time constraints"- would have been a nice change of pace from repetative aeros routines and historic aircraft doing wing-overs- yet Bennet had time to circle round till the motor-bike jumper was ready for a completely meaningless "jump over plane".
Then the absense of the military- no F-35 or F-18 and no Rouletes.
And WHY can't skydiving ever be effectivley showcased at an Aussie airshow? More spectacular things happen any Sunday at a DZ, yet every show opens with a few guys just doing solo jumps and the dude with the flag- throw together a 10-way with some smoke, track off high and you get a GREAT reaction from the crowd- just never happens.
Australia has the aircraft and people to put together a better aviation showcase than this.