PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Deterioration of KAL Contract
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2022, 06:29
Soulless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blazedsign View Post
First of all, the salary for local isnt going to increase that much. Only based in basic salary. U dont even know what they have got in details. Secondly, they had not needed to higher expats in decade but they have kept it because they want to take advantage of expats. And here we are, we r in this kinda era.. i wonder how long u have worked for the company but u should know things objectively before u complain. Me also an expat, all over the world has same issue for last 3 years and many of my colleague has been in even worse condition than what u r saying here now. U had chose to be an expat then u should be ready to take those ****s. Meanwhile KE is still looking rational and objective. Korea never fallen to situation of lacking of pilots. They utilized expats because it is easy to control and sack.. that’s it. And that is the expat’s life... If you don’t like just go to ME for permanent contract. To me i do still love to go to KE.. contract isnt everything in that country. If u have lived there and know how it works. If u really think it is not right, go and do legal action, very solid in Korea. Otherwise stop whinging

And here we go. Eventually one of the guys that went to china and went down in blazing flames would show up here, if only momentarily. The issues are many, but mainly the perpetual racist treatment of expats at KAL. We’re not valued even though there was one day that we were needed. Legally and operationally. Maybe we’re not legally needed now, but if you’ve seen ops and the way things are going here, we might soon be required again.

If you want a better workplace for yourself and your fellow pilots, you might want to rethink your attitude. You sir, are no expat!