PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter down near Bentham, North Yorkshire
Old 21st Jun 2022, 22:45
stringfellow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mutley1013
If this flight data in the link below is to be believed, it was light enough to go nearly twice the service ceiling! Or, the scale should read ft rather than m, but even so, that a pretty darn high pop up to look around. I would have thought being at the landing stage after an hour or so flying, the fuel level would be low enough that 2 POB would not be a problem even on a warm UK day. Maybe a lack of fuel the very reason if the big climb sucked more than was bargained for?

https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/GCJEK

RIP the pair of them.
The flightaware is very intriguing.
So hes undertaken a long x country there through the highest ground in england, doubtless showing his young passenger the lake district. On return he must have been weary, very light on fuel, and possibly hungry. Theres no avgas to my knowledge in this area, thats a big ol loop in a cabri. The flightaware starts in the Greenodd area, but could that just be where hes turned transponder on?? It wasnt particularly hot either. This maybe controversial but Ians obsession was VRS, you could be light years away from the actual state but Ian would get nervous about it. My obsession is over pitching, were private low timers remember were allowed our short comings.
Despite the flightaware showing what it does, i suspect the flight originated at his home, and ultimately ended there. He could also have been thirsty, or busting for a wee.
RIP.