PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - For a laugh... The top end.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2004, 13:30
the wizard of auz
Bugsmasherdriverandjediknite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Heard a yarn about a bloke who was showing some people how to handle a snake. Now being from the territory, he was half cut, as they are usually, so the obviouse thing happened, he got bit.
well, after a while he decides to go and see someone about this snake bite, but being from the territory, got side tracked by going to the pub, as you do after being bit by a snake.
well poor old Joe Bloggs says to his drinking partners, "I aint feelin to chipper, must o got a touch o sun. Might go an av a lay down I recon".
so he jumps into his car and wanders off toward home...... eventually sucumbing to the venom, he prangs his car and the local plod finds him in a coma, so off to hospital where they decide he's been snake bit and they end up amputating his finger.
next few days he hovers around death but because god looks after innocents and drunks he pulls through.
when asked why he didn't go straight to the hospital, he replied, "Aw, it woz only a little bugga and it didn't urt that much so I went to the pub".
I think from memory it made the local paper.
Only in the Territory.