PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATP Non-Type vs Type-Rated License: Concerns About Checkride
Old 12th Jun 2022, 22:54
IllinoisDavidson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi AV8RLogan,
I'm not sure if this will help you, but a friend of my husband's was able to get a non type-rated ATP license from this flight school. Flight Training International (FTI). https://ftiratings.com/

I believe he sat in a sim in Colorado. He's an Airbus pilot like my husband was (before moving to the States and now flying the Pterodactyl,commonly known amongst pilots as the 747), so he was able to complete the entire process in an Airbus sim. According to his shared experience, it was a lot less strenuous and the instructor and examiner were looking for less (or perhaps just asking less questions?) from his performance compared to completing the whole process for an ATP type-rated license. I could also be lost in translation right now because you are getting information from a third party (i.e. my husband sharing with me his conversation with his friend).

Either way, I wish you all the best. It was a tough decision for sure on my husband's part--he decided to go with the type-rated license--and he also struggled a bit to get the license. However, it really was worth the headache and stress because the type-rated license opened up the doors for a lot of interview opportunities and job offers and now he's very pleased with the operation he has landed himself in. Good luck!